Friday, August 19, 2011

Ma.K. Diorama: Finally finished

Here are the almost finished pix of the Ma.K. dio. (have not repainted the side of the base... resin still drying but too lazy to retake pix later)

Thanks every one who has been following this build, especially those who have given me excellent advise during the build you know who you are. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ma.K. WIP 12 90% Done

This is my final WIP. I think i am done with this build i believe there is much more to go in correcting some mistakes made during the build but that will be for the next one i guess.

The last 10% to be done.
1. Paint the sides
2. Matt Coat the whole dio
3. Weather some parts with the Tamiya Weathering Kit
4. Pour resin into some areas.
5. Drop dried spices on the resin
6. Take picture. :P

Here's how it looks so far. As usual C&C invited. Thanks for viewing

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ma.K. WIP 11 Animals

Every countryside must have its animals :P

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ma.K. WIP 10 Foilage

I'm at a lost... don't know how to do vegetation and foilage. My scene looks unnatural and the long grass looks like a paddy field. The green has been dry brushed darker green (Thanks Whitebase)and the long grass near the suit yellowed (Thanks Phoon). But still something missing...

Anyway here are the new pix.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'll sleep on it and see what turns up tomorrow.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Ma.K. WIP 9 The Base

Another small update.

Used some panzer pigments to weather down the rust on the suit not sure if u can see the difference.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's some of the junk that i bought to make the foilage.

Photobucket

Unfortunately tall grass was just too expensive to buy so thanks to Master Whitebase i learn to make my own long grass from a painting brush. Saved me loads of money.

Photobucket

Here are the result of a nights work. I dry brushed the tall grass think it looks ok. Not sure if i need to add more. Will decide later. Loads more to go. The green grass is just too green will need to air brush the grass when the PVA glue dries. Nothing to do now but wait.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Again thanks for viewing. :)

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ma.K. WIP 8 Weathering (Oils & Pigments)

Update on the weathering with the normal oils and pigments. Here are the results.

Added yellow stripe to some parts to break the monotony of the greys and browns. Sponged more black, beastial browns and charadon granite to richen the colors.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

The first pigments were applied using industrial thinner. Why industrial thinner because it disolves paint and plastic. I stippled it on with a brush andkept stippling till the pigments mixed with the dried paints. This creates an interesting texture which is good for corroding exhaust.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Normally i do not use the thinner n pigments with other parts but since this suit has been abandoned for a very very very long time. i decided to do it on other part of the suit as well.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Finally the rest of the pigments were applied and streaked. And the suit placed on the base to see how it looks. IMO I really over did it. But what the heck i had fun doing it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

That's all folks. Next Foilage...